Hemp Microgreens are grown in a greenhouse and develop nutrients contained within its seed for a highly practical superfood. Our Hemp Microgreens have less than 0.3% THC–the principal psychotropic compound in marijuana–as mandated by law, and are completely legal to be grown in Maine and consumed in other states. Our organic certified seed is sourced from a US seed supplier.
Hemp Microgreens are packed with an impressive array of vitamins, minerals, proteins, fats, and many other key nutrients that our bodies need for healthy function. Some of the most important highlights include:
• An impressive 33g per 100g of raw, whole plant protein which contains all 20 amino acids, including nine not naturally produced by the body, that are thought to help boost metabolism, ease digestion, and aid in weight loss.
• Perfect balance of omega--‐6 and omega--‐3 fatty acids to promote heart health as well as relief from a variety of skin conditions.
• Great source of arginine and gamma-linolenic acid, which may help reduce risk of heart disease and lower cholesterol.
• High levels of magnesium, which are beneficial for relaxation, blood sugar control, and blood pressure.
• Impressive amounts of vitamins A, C, and E, which support the immune system as well as skin and hair health.
• Naturally gluten free, vegan, and non-GMO.
Use Hemp Microgreens in salads, soups, stir Frys, sauces, smoothies, etc. With a hazelnut like flavor, they can be used in a wide variety of recipes. One of our favorites is adding them in place of pine nuts, in pesto.
Hulled hemp seeds have been long used for supporting healthy living in protein powders, hemp flour, in salads and smoothies. Today, with the 2018 Farm Bill, the hemp plant has been recognized for its many attributes and deregulated. The push for developing industrial applications is in swing. We, at Midcoast Microgreens, are the first to bring hemp microgreens to market, in Maine.